Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Directors

So in the past few weeks I've been planning ahead, working on a few fringe festival plays that I could put on in the coming years. About five years ago, I came up with the idea for a musical. Little bits of songs, a line he
re and there, until finally I sat down last summer and wrote a loose version of it. The concept: a group of film directors meet up at Elton John's after "awards" party to complain about why they didn't win. Of course, hilarity ensues (and of course, it's a musical). It's called "The Directors" and I thought I would unveil the characters here for you all to see (as I drew them last night and inked them today). I have an idea to do them as a web cartoon, once a month, and lead that up to the musical. It could be fun. (You may recognize some of these as variations on classic caricatures, but some are my own creations.)

Steven Soderbergh



Elton JohnChristopher Walken (yes, he directs)

Woody Allen
Steven Spielberg
Ron Howard
Quentin Tarantino
Martin "Marty" Scorsese
David Lynch
The Ghost of Stanley Kubrick
Kathryn Bigalow
James "Jim" Cameron
Isabella Rossellini
Guy Maddin
David Cronenberg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...