Tuesday, May 13, 2008

And now for some rambling...

I sent my competition submission off to Writer's Digest today. I don't think I'll be as lucky as I was last time because this time I sent a poem. I couldn't gather enough time or motivation to write a short story. Sad, but true. So I'm not so sure about the chances of a poem winning the grand prize. I think a story would have more of a chance because there's more substance to a story. Know what I mean? I think it'd have to be an amazing poem to win grand prize. I don't mind winning a top place in the poetry category though. I'm just not holding my breath for the $3000.

In other news...I don't like to complain, but when I do complain it will always be about the weather. I come from a desert climate, which suits me just fine. I don't care for rain or clouds or partial clouds, and anything below 90 is cold. Which brings me to Knoxville. It's a lovely place, but it's May and only 75 degrees. My hometown in Texas has already reached 100. You see the shock I'm going through here? I realize I shouldn't be complaining, but I am very cold natured and prone to grumpiness when the sun isn't fully visible. I walk outside and it's not hot. My skin isn't melting off my bones, and that makes me want to kill someone.

Please forgive my ranting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...