Wednesday, March 11, 2009

late night ramble

well - it's 418am and technically wednesday morning. i'm going for lunch with my dad tomorrow - great, always the days when i can't sleep at all. i had tried to adjust my sleep a week or two ago, and i was on a semi-regular out by 1am and up by 10am type of thing but that has all gone to shit now.
i spent my day reading (a book i bought for someone's birthday next week, i don't think she reads this blog but i won't say in case she decides to before monday) and listening to stereolab (my new favourite band) and the new handsome furs (like new order fronted by dan boechner) and making tapes of merch table delite. yes - because i think the cover art simply looks better on a tape case than a cd case. if you want a tape, just say so.
not that anyone reads this. 
'hello in there' (a la charlie brown's mailbox)
i really can't sleep. i've read half of this book today and did the dishes from my party over a week ago and generally have nothing to do but worry where the rent is coming from next month (even if i sell the drums, i have hydro to pay now and i haven't paid shaw in probably five months) so i just stay up worrying and my stomach hurts even though i barely ate anything today (nothing since 430pm ... so twelve hours and it still fucking feels full, except my body is craving nutrition). 
blah.
at least there is a record sale on sunday to take my mind off of this not having a job/getting a job thing. 
blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
also - the 16mm footage is over two weeks late so we have no complete film which ALSO keeps me up at night.
list of things that do NOT keep me up at night:
-my fish
-the mcdonald's 'mcruler' that i have used since i was six (a cardboard ruler with ronald stretching his arms out on the cm side and the hamburgler, grimace, birdie and a pom pom thing on the inches side)
-my camera (also, no uptown work this week - funny how that happens)
-unpainted canvases
-the building (always pretty quiet, day or night)
-the street (maybe a distant siren per day, i am next to a back lane with my parking lot in it)
-you (because you go to sleep so early)
-my dog (because i don't live with my family anymore)
-the white walls that are covered in posters and things
-my bed (i sleep on the couch mostly)
-food (i don't eat food mostly)
-aliens (they mostly come out at night, mostly)
-the computer (actually probably does keep me up, maybe i should try going back to bed)

goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...