Sunday, December 21, 2008

shady lane (everybody wants one)

i'm not sure if anyone reads this. i can never tell online when people look at my songs on myspace, no one ever comments and says 'nice song' or 'stupid song' or 'that song is average'. i just want to know who is looking at all this.

the other night i watched three teen films back to back, this one was with corey haim, nicole eggert, molly parker, clearly it was canadian. it was called 'anything for love' and involved haim dressing in drag at a new high school to avoid a bully. the kicker in this film is ... well, there's two. molly parker (in one of her first parts i assume) plays a bitchy cheerleader captain. kicker the second - alanis morrissette makes a cameo appearance at the end during a talent show. this was when she was simply alanis, the canadian pop sensation. this was before joey dumped her and she got all pissy.

the second film i watched was fast times. the tv edited version with the extra scenes, nick copolla (dude, your sister's a fox) and the various other shitty scenes not on my vhs copy. 

then there was private school ... for girls! also starring phoebe cates. this film opens with harry nilsson's classic 'you're breaking my heart so fuck you' over the credits. it also features matthew modine, mr hand from fast times, the chick who plays luke's sister on gilmore girls and various other nobodies from the 80s. the soundtrack features numerous songs by cates. she doesn't show her tits, but there is plenty of action (good and bad) in the obligatory shower scene. did you know phoebe cates is married to kevin cline and that their son is the younger son in the squid and the whale? interesting.

saw benjamin button the other night at a preview screening with craig, josh and melissa. it was so beautiful i cried numerous times. it has a very forrest gump feel to it and shares similar themes and major plot moments. one of my favourite films this year, easily.

was sick to my stomach thursday night, stayed in friday night by myself out of self pity, last night went to dinner with my family and then to jen's and today we had a great morning but then i was sick all afternoon. my stomach hates me, this is a fact.

i have run out of money and food but at least i have christmas presents. 

i plan on doing a re-write of mr writer tomorrow, or at least taking notes on what needs work. 

watched a&e biography on elmore leonard tonight and then watched jackie brown (based on his rum punch book) and hadn't seen it in a long, long time. while watching my vhs i noticed how un-tarantino it is and how well it holds up as a film from the 90s and not a tarantino flick. good on him. also, the flick made more sense to me now as an adult than as a 14 year old kid. my dad took me to see that movie. i know it wasn't his thing but he's a good guy my dad.

he and i had a big chat yesterday about my future. he is worried but believes in me. i'm worried. yup, this is how it goes.

at least i am ready for christmas. we'll see what january brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...